A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that identifies a user, but other information that we hold about you may be linked to the information stored in, and obtained from, cookies.
We categorise cookies by reference to their purpose.
- Strictly necessary– These cookies are essential for certain features of our websites to work These cookies do not record identifiable personal information, and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies some services you have asked for cannot be provided. For example, Cookie ID, Device ID and IP address. We use these cookies on the legal basis of Legitimate Interest.
- Performance– These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how you use our website. We use Google Analytics to help us understand our website, how it used, and to understand how effective our advertising is. This helps us improve our websites and digital advertising. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Google Analytics cookies collect aggregate statistical data about how visitors use the Sites so and store information such as what pages users visit, how long they are on the Sites, how they arrived at the Sites, and what they click on.
- Functionality– These cookies are used to provide services or remember settings to enhance your visit, for example text size or other preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and Advertising– These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and doesn’t contain your personal information. To find out more about cookies used for targeting and advertising follow youronlinechoices.comand www.networkadvertising.org.
- Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies
Session cookies expire when you close your browser or if you stay inactive for a certain time. Persistent cookies will persist even after the browser is closed. They are used to remember you so that you don’t have to re-enter, for example, log-in information every time you revisit our website.
- Managing cookies
If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies placed by our website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
We make every effort to respect your choices. However, we would recommend that you change your cookie settings via your browser. Your browser help function will tell you how to do this.
Changing your settings will affect both the performance cookies and functionality cookies we use on our website.
Google Analytics: we use the following cookies in connection with Google Analytics
- [_utma] Used to distinguish users and sessions
- [_utmb] Used to determine new sessions/visits
- [_utmc] Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit
- [_utmt] Used to throttle request rate (e.g., to reduce the frequency with which a browser may request data from the server)
- [_utmz] Stores the traffic source or indicates the advertising campaign that explains how the user reached our Sites.
to learn more about Google’s practices and to opt out, visit
You can also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Just type “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” into your web browser to read about these processes.
Social Media– Other technologies, such as UDID, ETags, and web or browser cache, have a similar purposes to cookies. They are used for ad delivery and reporting, which involves the logging of page views or the collection of other data about a computer or device for the purpose of delivering ads or providing advertising-related services, for example, providing a specific advertisement based on a particular type of browser or time of day; statistical reporting in connection with the activity on a website; analytics and analysis; optimization of location of ad placement; ad performance; reach and frequency metrics (e.g., frequency capping); security and fraud prevention; billing; and logging the number and type of ads served on a particular day to a particular website. We use:
- Facebook Social Plugins: this enables visitors to engage with us via Facebook and show visitors relevant ads and personalized content on Facebook.
- Twitter Button: Enables visitors to engage with us via Twitter and show visitors relevant ads and personalized content on Twitter. To learn more about Twitter’s practices and to opt out, please visit https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=enand, in certain browser setting, select “Do Not Track”.
- Linkedin Widget: this enables visitors to engage with us via LinkedIn and show visitors relevant ads and personalized content on LinkedIn. To learn more or to opt out, visit https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy and